Thursday, September 9, 2010

'Tis the season: let the pumpkin flavor goodies begin!!!

It is officially September. YAY! Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year, hands down!! I love the cool weather, wearing jeans & hoodies, the smell of cinnamon, leaves changing colors,and pumpkin pumpkin everywhere!!!!

Even though it is impossible to find Libby's pumpkin puree, there is the Organic 15oz cans I found in store. I guess they will have to do!

WEll before I realized there was no more Libby's, I had used my last two cans making my FAVORITE! Homemade pumpkin apple butter. I made these as my wedding favors last year. At first I was trying to figure out an autumn wedding favor that wouldn't break the bank. I googled and searched ideas. I had everything from cookie cutters to caramel apples. I came across this idea online, looked at a few recipes, improvised, threw it all in the crockpot and crossed my fingers. Oh BOY is it yummy!! I was so happy with the way it turned out, I decided to use this as a wedding favor!

I then searched buying canning jars (wholesale) and bought some, and it wasnt that expensive. The good thing about this is you can make it ahead of time and then save it for a few months. SCORE!!


There are so many different ways to make it. I like to use my crockpot. yes, it takes a bit more time ( about 4-5 hoours) but it sure does fill your house with delicious scents!!

You can put this on toast, vanilla ice cream....so gooooooodd.......

canning & sealing the jars!

The jars fom my wedding last year!

No comments: