Lazy Weekend Concoction:
Rolled Sugar Cookies
This recipe is the recipe I used for my St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Sugar Cookies. You can use this recipe for any holiday of the year or for any fun sugar cookie cutter project!
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground all-spice
1/8 tsp sat
2 tsp cinnamon ( I added this ingredient)
1/4 nutmeg (I added this ingredient)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, soft
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
**A bowl of cinnmon & sugar to top the cookies with if desired to make cinnamon sugar cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, all-spice, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl till creamy.
- Add eggs and beat till just blended.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended
- Press dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 30 mins or until firm.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. ( I did mine a 1/4 inch thick and they came out much better than the 1/8 inch.)
- Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutter shape. Continue to gather dough, re-roll and continue cutting till all dough is used.
- Place all cookies on a greased cookie sheet., about 1 inch apart. Bake for about 10 mins or till lighty browned at edges.
- Cool on sheets till lightly firmed.
- Decorate as desired!
I rolled my cookie dough in sprinkles before I rolled them so that it was already incorpoated into the dough.
I also sprinkled colored sugar onto my cookie cut outs bfore placeing them in the oven, so that way it is baked into the dough.
**If you want to make cinnamon sugar cookies, dust them with the mixture before baking them.