Thursday, December 17, 2009

In a rush? Easy Holiday Cupcakes

I was in a total rush today, running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I have off from work all next week, so I wanted to bring some holiday cheer to my shift by bringing in some baked goods! I didn't have much time on my hands, so I turned to my kitchen cabinets for some help! I luckily had a box of Betty Crocker cake mix, so here was the answer to my problem!

I was going to make cupcakes! I recently recieved a gift from my wedding (thank-you Jesse & Kerry Small!!) a mini cupcake pan! I had never made mini cupcakes before, so I decided this should be fun!

Take a box of any cake mix. Follow directions on box, and make according to the recipe. They only take 5 minutes to mix ingredients and about 20 mins to bake!



Blend all ingredients together in a mixing bowl


Take a cake pan/muffin pan. I was making cupcakes, so I took a muffin pan and lined it with cupcake liners. Fill the liners 2/3 full. Do not put too much mixture in, or the cupcake will overflow!


Decorate however you want! Icing then sprinkles! Since it was the holiday season, I wanted to be festive! I had gotten a pack of Wilton Holiday sprinkles from Michaels. They have a great selection of baking materials.


Mini Cupcakes are perfectly bite size!



Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!

No comments: