I had seen some Kit-Kat cakes on Pinterest, and decided to make one myself. They are super easy.
You can use box cake mix, or any cake recipe you'd like. Any will work. I made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
What you will need:
- A cake recipe and frosting
- (2) 8' round cake pans
- Mini Kit-Kats ( a few packages)
- 1 bag M&Ms ( I used plain holiday ones)
- Bake your cake according to the recipe directions into two 8' round cake pans. Let cool.
- using serrated knife, even off the top of the cake so it lays flat.
- Spread icing on cake #1
- Place cake #2 on top of cake #1
- repeat process for cake #2
- take mini Kit-Kats, and press into frosting all the way around
- tie a festive bow around kit-kats
- pour M&Ms on top.