It has been well over a year since I have made this. I just love how it fills my house with a great scent! I had posted this recipe a LONG LONG time ago, but can't find it, so I am reposting it!
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (i added this into the original recipe)
- THESE ARE THE DIRECTIONS THAT CAME WITH THE RECIPE. I USED A CROCK POT INSTEAD AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT. I PUT IT IN ACROCK POT WITH HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR ABOUT 3.5 HOURS. STIR OCCASIONALLY( SO IT DOES NOT BURN), WHEN IT THICKENS YOU KNOW IT WILL BE DONE. I CANNED AND SEALED MINE IN MASON JARS. (I'LL PUT UP HOW TO SEAL & JAR LATER)
- IN A LARGE SAUCEPAN OR DUTCH OVEN, COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS. SIMMER, UNCOVERED, FOR 2 HOURS, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY, UNTIL THICKENED. POUR INTO FREEZER CONTAINERS. REFRIGERATE UP TO 1 MONTH OR FREEZE.