Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lazy Weekend Concoction...Chocolate Bark

This Weekend's Lazy Weekend Concoction:
Lissa Bee's Peanut Butter Cup & Oreo Chocolate Bark

In my head while I was at work yesterday all i could think about was baking. I wanted to make something new, and something I created. My sister Stephanie (check out her blog) had made some fun stuff over the Christmas holiday. She made something similar to what I made. Its a fairly common recipe, but everyone put's their own spin on it!

I wanted something with candy, so thats exactly what I did! Good thing about this recipe, you do not have to measure anything! You just decide how much you want, and that is what you make! I made some extra because I am seeing some friends this weekend, and wanted to share some with them

I love Nestle Tollhouse. You need to get a chocolate baking bar/ or chocolate chips, and I prefer Tollhouse. ( You can use any brand)

Take baking bar, and break up in to pieces. This helps the melting process. Put it in a microwaveable bowl. I used a glass Pyrex bowl. Put in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Then put in microwave for 15 second intervals, stir each time, until bar is completely melted.

Next, line a pan with wax paper.

 Pur melted chocolate onto prepared pan, spread evenly. Do not spread too thin.

Sprinkle your choice of topping on top. You can use fruit, candy, nuts, pretzles, etc....You choose! I used Oreo cookies, and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. Take your topping and crush it up. Sprinkle it over on top of the melted chocolate.

Place in refridgerator for about an hour or until firm.

Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Bark

Cut into pieces.

Oreo Chocolate Bark


 Yum Yum! Serve, or store. Enjoy!


What you need:

Baking bar -I used Tollhouse Baking Bar. They come in 4oz bars. I used 16 oz (4 bars). You can use as much or as little as you need.
Pan lined with wax paper
Toppings to sprinkle on

No comments: