Friday, August 28, 2009

Autumn is coming soon, the season inspired my new cookies!

I love Autumn. It is probably my favorite time of year. I love the smells and the baking. Scents of Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie in the oven. I thought to myself, why not have a cookie inspired by that?
I haven't baked in the last few weeks. But this week, i was getting the baking itch! I've always wanted my own authentic recipe. So after years of baking cookies, i decided I wanted my very own homemade, created from scratch, no help recipe. So today was an adventure or throwing random ingredients into a mixing bowl, fingers being crossed, and finally tasting the product.



These were the main two ingredients that inspired these cookies and flavor. My two favorite autumn scents. I also used Libby's pumpkin Pie Mix






Looks like pumpkin pie in a bowl!















The final product! They came out great! I had my fingers crossed the whole time they were in the oven. I was surprised how well they turned out. They will make a great fall & winter holiday cookies!!

No comments: