Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Red Velvet

People always ask me to make red velvet cupcakes. I am just not a fan of the taste, perhaps because at every bakery I have tried red velvet, I have had a bad experience. People like them, so I make them! I made these cupcakes for my co-worker, and it got great reviews from him (thank-you Sharif!) ! Hopefully people will order more! I had extra batter, so I made a few mini's as well. They are so cute!!

Mini Red Velvet, Cream Cheese Frosting

Red Velvet, cream cheese frosting

Lissa's Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick butter, melted
4 cups confections sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz package cream cheese

Cream all ingredients together, add one cup of sugar at a time until everything is blended together.
Add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your frosting.
I like mine sweet! I use 4 cups!

No comments: