Sunday, April 24, 2011

candy eggs

 Yum Yum Yum Candy Eggs!

coconut cream egg

A few weeks ago my mom came to visit and said she wanted to make candy eggs. SWEET i'm in. She had two recipes to try, so I did one and she did the other. The one i did was peanut butter eggs, and she did the coconut cream eggs. I recently made the coconut cream eggs last week....HUGE hit a work, one co-worker ordered 5 boxes! So you know they are good!



peanut butter ready to be dipped!



mom making the coconut eggs


Dipped in Chocolate!


Coconut Cream

peanut butter eggs

Coconut Cream Eggs:

¼ lb. butter
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
2 lb. 10x sugar
1/2teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 lb. angle flake coconut

Cream butter and cream cheese.  Sift together sugar and salt then ADD to cream mixture.
Add vanilla, mix well then add coconut.  *Refrigerate batter for about an hour or more. 

*I put mine in the freezer for a little bit. It helped with the dipping process. I found refrigerating them did not help set them for dipping. The consistency of the eggs tends to be kind of sticky, and the heat of the chocolate will shape them weird. So, put them in the freezer to help harden them up, and it will make the chocolate dipping process so much easier!


Then shape into small or med sized eggs & dip into chocolate – refrigerate to set. (Now it is OK to use refrigerator)




1 comment:

Lisa said...

You know it's good when people start to request them by the batchful. I'd put in a request for these too if I could. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I really hope you do get to try some of the recipes, they're all good.