Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bark Bark Bark!

Need a quick and easy holiday gift that is not expensive? Here it is! BARK! And no, I am not talking about a dog! Candy bark! It is classic, super fast and easy to make. I made the candy bark trees below. It took me about 15-20 minutes per tree total! Here is how!

The Christmas tree candy bark I made.
It is vanilla with chopped up holiday M&Ms sprinkled on top. You can use any flavor of toppings, I saw a really nice one of white chocolate and peppermint chopped and sprinkled on top.

Step 1:

I find these work best. I have melted semi-sweet chocolate: but this product works great. You can pick them up at any Mitchael's or A.C. Moore store. Relatively cheap too. They are 1lb a bag. The candy trees I made....1 bag=2 trees!

step 2:

You don't have to use a Christmas tree mold, you can use anything you want! I picked up my Christmas tree mold at Michael's. It is just one large tree. I couldn't find a picture online, so posted below is a mold of mini trees which will work just as well.


Follow directions on bag of candy molds. Melt candy in a microwaveable bowl of intervals of 30 seconds until melted. Pour melted candy in the molded design of your choice. Decorate as desired, then place in refrigerator (about 15-20 minutes till solid). And you are done! Wrap up all pretty or keep for yourself!


No comments: