Monday, January 25, 2010

Lissa Bee's Colossal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches

Last night, I was in the mood to make some dessert. I had not gone grocery shopping in like a week. I always have ingredients to make chocolate chips, so I figured I would start from there! My husband was running to get a few things from the grocery store, and I didn't want to send him on a scavenger hunt for ingredients for me, so I told him to pick up vanilla ice cream. I had a vision in my head, and I was going to work with it!

So, I made chocolate chips cookies as I normally would, except this time I used mini chocolate chips. I baked normal cookie portions for the most part, but made a few cookies that were larger than normal.

I left them cool, put some ice cream in the middle, rolled it in mini chocolate chips, and set in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.  The cookie came out so big, we had to split the ice cream sandwich, but didnt even finish it! But it sure was DELICIOUS!!!

I'll post recipe later! Here are a few pictures!



(right before I stuck in refridgerator, so ice cream is kind of melty!)



The sandwich we split. It was HUGE!! But YUMMY!



(after being in the refridgator for about 1-2 hours, no more melted ice cream, all hardened up!!)


Keep in mind, you can always make the cookie sizes smaller. You don't even have to use chocolate chip cookies, you can make your favor cookie, and choose whatever flavor of ice cream , and toppings you want!

No comments: