Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares

Need an easy last minute Thanksgiving dessert recipe? Look no further!

I made this recipe for a fellow co-worker. I was not sure how it would turn out since I had never made it! He requested something with pecan's, so the quest began! I found this recipe on verybestbaking.com

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares



Mix ingredients for crust and press on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.




I sprinkled cinnamon on top for extra flavor! Place in oven for 15 minutes



Mix other ingredients in mixing bowl




Pour pumpkin mixture over the crust, bake for 20 minutes.



Combine brown sugar & pecans. Either chop them up or keep them whole. Spread over the pumpkin, and place back in oven for another 15-25 minutes, I'd say about 20 minutes in perfect. You do not want to burn the crust!



Take pan out of oven, and let cool!



Cut in to squares, and you are done!




No comments: