Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pumpkin Apple Butter

Hi Friends,

    I was in the fall festive mood this weekend (despite the 80 degree weather!) I was googling fall wedding favor ideas, and apple butter came up. I googled recipes to see how to make it, some seemed easy, and some seemed hard. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Some recipes called for using equipment I did not have. I then found one recipe that was a little different than what I was looking for, but sounded good to try! It called for using the stove, but I varied a little from the recipe, and used my brand new crock pot instead! It just takes a little longer to cook. It sure does make your house smell good!


Pumpkin apple butter simmering away!!


A website said flipping jars helps the sealing process......

Finished product! Decorated and ready to go!





No comments: