Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lissa's Cannoli Pie



Mixed together all ready to be baked. A sweet mix of Ricotta Cheese, sugar, cinnamon & chocolate chips


I like to sprinkle some cinnamon on the pie crust for some extra sweet flavor


Ready to be baked!

Cooled and ready to be eaten!. YUMMM!!!
Hey Friends!
Today I baked a few cannoli pies. I had discovered them last year when I hosted a bake sale for a fellow officer. When I had researched making them last year, there were not too many recipes. The recipes I did find were not bake recipes, just more of the refrigerated recipes. I was looking for one I could bake in the oven. I continued to research for a recipe that fit the bill. I still had not found what I was looking for.
So, I found my recipe for regular cannoli filling and compared it to the ones I found while browsing the internet. I decided to just sort of combine the two together, and add a few things of my own! After a few taste tests and throwing random ingredients into a bowl, until it tasted just right, I created my own cannoli pie recipe!
I waited patiently for an hour or so while it baked in the oven, and crossed my fingers and toes hoping it would taste normal! I let it cool, and tasted a piece. It was good!
WARNING......THIS PIE IS REALLY SWEET!


One of the main ingredients: Ricotta Cheese!

1 comment:

Steph said...

this is my favorite!!! bring some this weekend!!!