Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Apple Fun!

Hey all! I was in Michael's getting ideas for wedding favors, and in the check out line i saw this magazine. On the cover were easy apple favor recipes. So, i bought it on a whim. It is actually a great magazine, it not only had fun favor ideas, but also fun fall projects and fall themed foods.

I thought I'd give it a try. I went to Michael's and bought wooden sticks to put in the apples. ALWAYS RINSE OFF THE FRUIT BRFORE YOU USE!
The recipe called for using candy melts. I didn't have any, so I improvised a bit...

Instead of candy melts, I had semi-sweet chocolate chips that I melted. I then rolled the apples in the melted chocolate, placed them on a tray covered in wax paper. I placed the apples in the refridgerator until the chocolate hardened.


After the chocolate hardened, the recipe again called for chocolate melts drizzled on top. So, I improvised yet again and melted chocolate chips with butterscotch chips I had in my cabinet and put them on top. I sprinkled mixed nuts on top.


They aren't as perfect as the magazine picture, but turned out pretty good! I am going to try the recipe again with the chocolate melts later this week!!

Keep them refridgerated. You can buy the plastic wrapping with ties to cover them at Michael's Craft store.

Thanks for checking my blog out!


No comments: